Let Downtown Frederick Delight Your Tastebuds One Bite At a Time
Market Street Food Tour
Embark on a 3-hour guided walking tour and culinary adventure through historic downtown Frederick, Maryland. You’ll enjoy food and drink tastings at unique local restaurants and specialty food shops while getting a taste of the city’s history, culture and architecture. All food tastings are included in the ticket price ($45) and for most people are enough for lunch.
What to Expect from the Market Street Food Tour
You can expect good food and good fun. The Market Street Food Tour takes you through some of Frederick, Maryland’s historic and cultural gems by way of seven delicious tastings from local restaurants and specialty food shops. You’ll taste local favorites including Mediterranean-inspired artisan chocolates, a unique spin on crab macaroni and cheese, and locally brewed beer inspired by colonial Maryland to name a few. You’ll also learn how these local establishments came to be, who owns them and a few fun and interesting stories along the way. All of the food sampled on the tour is included in the price of your ticket and is enough for a satisfying lunch. Tasting locations are listed to the right.
You’ll also enjoy a few hearty tastes of the historical, cultural and architectural components that make up the downtown neighborhood. You’ll catch glimpses of the city’s iconic Spires, learn how a flooded drainage ditch became an award winning park, and hear some fascinating tales about some of downtown Frederick’s sites and famous residents. The Taste Frederick Market Street Food Tour is full of food, facts and fun!
Who Should Take the Market Street Food Tour?
Do you enjoy food, walking and/or getting off the beaten path? If you answered yes, our guided Market Street walking food tour is perfect for you! Our tour is a one-of-a-kind way to experience downtown Frederick that is perfect for locals and visitors alike. With Taste Frederick, you’ll have the opportunity to try 6 local eateries and gain new insight into the historical, architectural and cultural aspects of the city.
Ready to Buy Tickets?
If you’re ready to partake in the fun, facts and food on our Market Street Food Tour, you can purchase tickets through Zerve by clicking the “Buy Tickets” button below or by calling (800) 979-3370. We look forward to showcasing the tastes and tales of downtown Frederick, Maryland.
- When: Wednesdays-Sundays March through mid-November
- Time: Tours depart at 12noon and last approx. 3 hours
- How much: $45 Adult | $30 Child (Ages 12 and under)
- What's included: All food tastings, enough for lunch
- Who: All ages and fitness levels
- Capacity: 10 people per tour
- What to wear: Comfotable clothing and shoes. Please bring rain gear if wet weather is predicted.
- Weather conditions: Tour takes place rain or shine.
- Where: Tour meets near Market and Second Streets. Exact location provided at time of ticket purchase.
- Delicious food specialties are served on the Market Street Food Tour (subject to change):
- Brewer's Alley Restaurant & Local Brewery (est. 1996)
- Griff's Landing Frederick's own Seafood Galley & Tiki Bar (est. 1981)
- The Wine Kitchen Seasonal American Bistro (est. 2011)
- North Market Pop Shop Nostalgic glass bottle, cane sugar sodas (est. 2011)
- Firestone's Market on Market Gourmet foods, wine & gift baskets (est. 2006)
- Zoe's Chocolate Co. Artisan Chocolates with a Mediterranean Flair (est. 2007